14" Mariner's Compass Template Set - Marti Michell
6 pieces with engineered corners for perfect sewing alignment and an 8.5 x 11 step-by-step instruction booklet for as many variations as we've made -- so far! The basic 16 Point Compass is made with just 4 templates.
The instruction booklet includes:
• • Color photos and a coloring page
•• Yardage for all positions in one block
• • Cutting and sewing 16 and 32 point Compasses
• • Making split points and "halos"
• • Full-size pattern for making a pieced center (scroll down for closeup)
• • Discussion on using mirrors to preview designs
• • Finishing instructions include line-and-turn appliqué for the center circle
• • Reverse appliqué technique for the background square
SewVeryEasy made a terrific YouTube video about cutting and constructing the Mariner's Compass using the templates! Click here.